Will Battlestar Galactica Be DVD 18?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dave Scarpa, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Anyone that has the Upcoming R1 set know if Universal used DVD18's for this set? I need to Know if I should be Buying or renting...

2. John*D

John*D Second Unit

For season one...

Based on the specs from Universal's web site I would say it appears the discs will be 1-sided (DVD-9?).

It's a 5 disc set and there is NO mention of side-A, Side-B, so we should be good. IT also says the packaging will be 3 slim cases with an outer box. Considering there are only 13 episodes for season 1 + the miniseries, it all ought to fit across the five discs, plus the extras.

-----

[​IMG] Unfortunately, there is going to be ~20 episodes for Season 2. Based on UNI's practices of releasing subsequent seasons on DVD-18's it looks like the season two release will be DVD-18's.

3. seanOhara

seanOhara Supporting Actor

Although the miniseries set consisted of two DVD-18s with blank flip-sides. Who knows whether Universal will redo the miniseries for this set or not.

4. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

There are 20 episodes in season 2.

5. John H Ross

John H Ross Screenwriter

I'm extremely interested in DVD18 vs other configurations after all the A-Team problems. Is it definite that DVD18 is more susceptable to problems than DVD9 etc? Or it is just assumption?

I reeeeeeeally want the US version of Galactica, but DVD18 = probable no sale.

JR