What's new

Will bass boost be a problem? (1 Viewer)

JurgenV

Grip
Hi all,

I'm seriously considering building my own subwoofer for movies and music. I'll probably go with an Adire driver and use the corresponding Adire Alignment enclosure, but what amp to get?

I'm looking at the new SUB250R series sub amps over at Creative Sound Solutions. The regular version has a 4dB bass boost at 25Hz. Will this negatively affect the response of pre-designed Adire enclosure? The SUB250F has the bass boost disabled, but for a bit more coin. How difficult would it be get the regular amp and remove the bass boost myself? I'm not afraid to do the work, but I just need to know how.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Yes, the boost will alter the sound that Adire intended the predesigned sub to sound like but that doesnt mean you cant use it if you like the sound. I'm sure the boost is altered by 2 resistors in the amp but you would have to contact them for details on which resistors or ohm values you would need.

JurgenV

Grip
I appreciate the response, Kyle. I knew the boost would affect the response, but I wasn't sure if it'd be good or bad. I'll take your advice and pick up the regular version to see how it sounds first. If I decide to mod it, hopefully CSS will provide the details.

I've done the exact same thing, a sub205r and tempests, figuring later I can alter the boost if it's an issue. Bob verified its the same kind of change as the PE amps (resistors) but they don't have the wiring sheets for it yet (since they don't have the amp yet). Can't imagine it will be a problem getting the info once they have it, he didn't seem to think it would be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks