What's new

Will Bad Lieutenant ever get released with that one rap song restored?? (1 Viewer)

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw this on video awhile back(the NC-17 vesion) since the local Mom & Pop shop not only had the uncut version but also a very early release with that one rap song(forgot the name + group) included!!!
I've heard all newer releases delete the song because of either righs issue's or the band didn't have permsission to use Led Zepplin's Kasmir riff.
I thought it added to the scenes it was used including the end credits where it's silent for awhile,then the song starts playing slowly growing louder & can't imagine the movie without it which is why i never bothered getting the dvd,even though the pricei going down really low now(it's $12 at BB!).
So is there any chance of the issue getting sorted out or not?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
The last time I saw it with the song intact was on a VHS tape. I don't think it's been re-released on DVD with the song (Signifying Rapper by Schooly D) in its proper place. (The song plays when the lieutenant is walking into the hospital.) It used Led Zeppelin's Kashmir riff.
Whether or not it will ever get sorted out, I have no idea. However, I can't imagine not owning this on DVD, so I recommend picking it up.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
The song was also intact on the original LD too. The change wouldn't have been too bad if they had replaced the offending track with another song. If I remember correctly, the scenes that featured the track now doesn't have any music.
--Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks