What's new

Will any infomercial be available on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

I actually have a 2 disc set of classic commercials! the quality sucks big time and I wouldn't suggest anyone else to get it... but it does exist!

And yes this does cover decades of commercials... just wish the quality was better!

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I'll tell you what to do with the idea of infomercials on DVD...

...Set It and Forget It!

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Lauren Hutton in 1970 was hot. The Lauren Hutton of recent years is a different person. :D

I don't like the ideas of informercials on DVD. A lot of those people have made so much money from when those 1/2 hour ads were on TV, they don't deserve any additional revenue from the same products now.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
But aren't infomercials advertisements? If the product is still available, can they really get away with selling infomercials? They are classified as promotional ads and can expense them that way. If they sell then as DVDs, then they can't classify them as expense but as a selling product itself. Maybe if the product is long gone, someone can compile a series of them, but who would pay for it (as a seller and as a buyer?)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
The Bally's Fitness ads in the early 90's were great!
That actress that hosted them was cute!
The ones with Heather Locklear and Sheena Easton rocked too!

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I have seen the RonCo ones HUNDREDS of times. Maybe not hundreds, but a lot. His stuff is so extensive, I hate the new ones out though.

Sami, most products, especially exericise equipment have a DVD or most likely VHS tape available to watch before you buy.

I've gotten:

Bowflex
A hovercraft (friggin' sweet)

Oh, and the Time Life and Music Space comp's are awesome... I can usually predict what song is coming up next. :)

Hope it helps.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm Tom Vu! You a loser! Why you not millionaire like me? Because you stupid! You stupid loser!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks