What's new

Will and Grace series finale 5/18/06 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't find any threads for this season, but didn't want last night's series finale to come and go without a comment or two. For all of its stunt-casting and self-indulgent obnoxious send-up between the core four (Will, Grace, Jack, and Karen), I have more good memories than bad ones of this show.

I thought the series finale was a good send-off for these characters, and it didn't totally blow them up or de-construct them for the sake of pissing on memories of the characters.

The college twist that turned into W&G: The Next Generation providing the hetero relationship that W&G could never be was also a nice touch.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I never did get into Will & Grace regularly, when I did catch it I was always looking for screen time on Jack & Karen, I couldn’t get enough of them. I didn’t realize the finale was last night and only captured part of it on TIVO. Missed a lot of the retrospective 1st 30 min section. The last 10 (or so) min of the final were my favorite, but as usual it was Jack & Karen in the library I found most satisfying. I will always picture them there...deciding what they are going to do ..tonight. :D. The college hall scene for Will & Grace was a very nice touch.

Can’t think of Jack & Karen’s ‘real’ names. Do they have anything lined up? I’m going to miss that uh.....’couple’.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I stopped watching this show about 2-3 seasons ago but I was interested in seeing the Series Finale. I only recorded it from 9pm-10pm ET, by doing this did I get the whole episode? If not, I will just delete it and ask you nice people to give me a summary of what happened.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Like Mary, I never got into this show, but I've seen it enough to know the characters and my wife was watching the finale last night, so I did catch most of it. I guess as far as finales go it wasn't bad, but man they must have run out of things to write about the Jack and Karen character. And could they have done a little better job of aging them 20 years? I get the joke with Karen looking exactly the same, but the other three looked maybe 5 years older. I think the characters aged more physically during the run of the show then they did in that 20 year jump.

So Patrick, are there any shows you don't watch? :)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
am I the only person who thought this reminded him of the Mad About You series finale?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Megan Mullally will have her own daytime talk show in the fall.

Not sure what Sean Hayes will do next. On IMDB, it shows him as actor/producer on an upcoming film, "Simon Says." He also does a lot of voiceover work for animated projects.

I loved the finale and thought it was one of the better series finales I've ever seen. Especially loved that my favorite recurring character, Beverly Leslie, had a pivotal role. :laugh:

I never watched "Mad About You" so I don't know what the similarities were.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I stopped watching a few seasons ago but tuned into this and the retrospective. Let's just say that the retrospective was funnier than the actual last show.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
I loved the finale and watched the retrospective the following night. I'm not one to engage in devination in shows... (I want to strangle my wife when she spits out, "Ooo...what's going to happen is..." :angry: So I loved the college twist. I loved Mad About You (Get the mouse Murry) but I lost touch toward the end.

Not necessarily. Will was attempting the hetero route when he met Grace. They didn't say whether Wil Jr. was biological from a surrogate or adopted. Either way, maybe W&G: TNG will have Grace's daughter being a lesbian. But wait...her breaking that particular news to Wil's kid wouldn't be quite as traumatic, now would it? :D

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Will someone please put me out of my misery and tell me what happened, or provide a link to a spoiler site? We're about 10 episodes behind you in the UK and I'm itching to know what happened.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
http://www.tv.com/will-and-grace/sho...8570/msgs.html

The only thing this rundown doesn't get across is that we see a cute thin redhead girl and a well groomed boy moving in to the dorm at college. There is a cute exchange as they appear to be interested in each other. They each comment that their parents are about to be there and share the idea to skip out before they arrive. I purposely try not to work these things out so as not to spoil the surprise, but as you might expect we're led to believe it's a flashback when it's actually Will and Grace's children meeting the same way. It harkens back to a scene with Will and Grace discussing with their spouses how it felt like they were meant to find each other. And so their children do.

After reading the synopsis I realize that my comment earlier about Ben not necessarily being hetero was off. I forgot that they were planning the wedding at the end.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

Yes, they did. They mentioned something about Will being the father and something about "buying a woman's eggs."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks