What's new

Will and Grace- 5th Season DVD? (1 Viewer)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Is anyone else waiting for info on this release? And does anyone else wish that NBC would hurry up with releasing this to DVD? I mean, they could put out another set for next fall's final ever episode of the show and then maybe another one for Christmas. And then they could have the show finished on DVD in 2007. It's definitely a stupid thing to just put out one per year.
-James

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I do! We've waited WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY TOO long for Season 5 and heck the rest of the series at that! We should have seasons 5 - 7 by the series finale in May and then about a week later season 8 should come out on DVD...if I were running things that's how'd it be anyway.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Thank god, I thought I was the only one! I definitely agree with you on your ideas. Better than mine. The UK is soooooo lucky- practically all of the series is out on DVD, with the 7th Season being released at the end of January and the eighth season shouldn't take too long to follow.
Question- which season do you think is the best? In my opinion, it is the 7th, since that is the only season I've watched. Is it really as bad, compared to the other seasons, as everyone says it is?
-James

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Oh yes, W&G definitely started slipping where the quality department was concerned about the middle of Season Five. It was still funny but not hysterical like the preceding seasons.

IMO, Season Three is the crown jewel in this series. Almost every episode has me laughing hysterically. Karen is at her funniest here. She's pretty much the reason I love the series.

Jace_A

Second Unit
The show became hopelessly repititious and, frankly, cringe-worthy after Season 4. I bought Season 5 from the UK, but have barely watched half the eposides. I struggled through Season 6 on TV, but gave up midway through Season 7. Seasons 6,7 and 8 were far too reliant on guest stars. The cental characters had run their course and the whole show just became one bad gag after another.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Lets get this straight... Lions Gate is the company that has been releasing Will & Grace. Yes they are being released a bit too slow IMO, but it dosen't bother me since I've only purchased up to Season 2 so far.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Karen is the central point of the series; good thing that she and Sean Hayes got a pay rise. Hey, I just saw the live episode called Alive and Schticking, it wasn't funny at all, except for when Jack tripped accidently at the beginning of the ep, and when Debra Messing and Sean Hayes started laughing randomly all the time. Does anyone know how I would go about finding out which version this episode was? It's really hard to figure out, considering I live in Australia.
-James

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
It wouldn't completely surprise me if NBC is trying to drag the releases out until their contract with Lionsgate ends, so DVD rights can switch over to Universal. Saleswise, I would think they'd want to at least get the fifth season out before the series finale, but that's looking like a pipe dream now.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I was also wondering about that. Do we know if Lionsgate has the DVD rights for the remaing four seasons? Or does Universal get to take over at a certain point? A similar situation involved South Park, when Paramount picked up the rights, then reissued the previous seasons under their label.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I think it's for the series in general; the first season came out just as the sixth season was beginning here. I'm not sure about what the contract involves; it just wouldn't surprise me, because I honestly believe that Will & Grace woud be one of the bigger DVD sellers in the market.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
According to TVShowsonDVD.com August 29, 2006 has been pencilled in as the release date for W&G s.5 thought it'll probably change. I can't believe we have to wait that long!

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

It seems as though they are slipping into a "1 season per year" pattern. This dosen't bother me that much though because IMO after season 4 the show is mediocre.

Kenlc

Auditioning

That is the first episode of season 8. I think it's hilarious as is the other live show they did later in season 8.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I live on the East Coast and recorded both live broadcasts for this time zone. A friend of mine in Washington state recorded the West Coast broadcasts and sent them to me, so I know which show was which.

Easiest way to tell the first live episodes apart is with the bows at the end of the show. Eric mouths happy birthday to his father as he comes out for his bow on the East Coast version. He doesn't do it on the West Coast version.

On the second live broadcast, the sight gag with Karen's stash of pill bottles works flawlessly on the East Coast airing. On the West Coast airing, there is a long delay, so much so that Eric ad-libs about its going wrong right as it begins to happen.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, okay! Thanks sooooooooooooo much Matt! When I eventually get these on DVD, I know which one is the one I saw. Thanks again!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks