What's new

Will an infinity sub match my boston VR-950's ok? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I work at soundtrack and we have points for products programs through klipsch, kef, mitsubishi and infinity. I work in car audio so I cant take advantage of this. But my best friend works in home and said for x-mas he was willing to get a sub for me. He is moving to florida so he wont use them anyways. But will an infinity primus 10 or 12 or if he has enough an alpha 12, will that sound ok with my boston acoustics vr-950's? I would love the alpha but I dont know how many points he has.

David Judah

Screenwriter
If he has at least half the points for the Alpha, then you can pay for the difference--you would still be getting it for a low price. Don't get the Primus subs.

Frank's suggestion is a good one, but will be much more money.

DJ

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
One very good thing about the Infinity Alpha and older Interlude subs is the RABOS. It's a single band paramtric eq, but you need to buy the RABOS kit. It's very easy to use and it can have a significant impact on sound quality by reducing the level of your largest room induced peak.

David Judah

Screenwriter
The Soundtrack you work at probably has a RABOS kit. You could borrow it and you'd be all set unless you move the sub.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks