What's new

Will a Mitsubishi MegaView 27 Pro display HD (1 Viewer)

twhartman

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Greetings. I am the 'proud?' owner of a Mitsubishi MegaView 27 Pro. This CRT monitor has two composite inputs, two VGA inputs and one RGBHV input. According to the minimal information I could locate, this unit will do "1600 x 1200 at 75Hz refresh rate maximum non-interlaced addressable resolution" Can anyone interpret what this means? I'm pretty sure I will need a scaler to use it with RGB video, but I'm not sure if I can get 1080i or 1080p out of this unit. I bought it at a pawn shop for $49, and the original retail was over $5,000 from what I can find. Any info would be appreciated.

GeorgeAB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
G. Alan Brown
The price was right!
Light output will be limited by the age and use/abuse of the phosphors.
Resolution will be limited by the fact that it's not a 16x9 aspect ratio and the actual beam spot size.
Color fidelity will be limited by the color gamut of the phosphors used and how much uneven wear between the red, green, and blue has occurred.
This monitor was probably designed for stationary graphics rather than motion, so there may be some phosphor lag during quick movement in the image.
There are probably a lot of used, non-HDMI, HD scalers on the market.
To become HDCP compliant, you'll also need an HDFury converter for HDMI signal sources.
There are other issues to consider but I'm not thinking of them right now.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
G. Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.
A Lion AV Consultants Affiliate

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newyork333
Recent bookmarks