What's new

Will a KV27FS13 display progressive output? (1 Viewer)

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all, newbie alert.
I just got one of the new Malata 996s, and it's great so far, but outputting progressive scan via component yields a garbled mess. Interlaced looks okay, but vertical bands are noticable on a dark/black image . Is this WEGA capable of displaying a progressive signal? Are there any fixes, possibly in the service menu, for the banding problem? Any help is appreciated.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Greg,
Your set will not accept or display a progressive scan signal.
About the only sets sold in the US that will are the HD-ready models.
Sony does make Wegas that are HD-ready, the XBR series and a new lower priced line, but they are 32 and 36 inch, no 27 inch model is available.
------------------
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

JordyC

Auditioning
I am confused and somewhat of a newbie...
In my home theater budgeting, I have chosen to go with the less expensive 32 inch WEGA - non XBR - I think the KV32FS13 or something - and assumed that since it has component input, I will finally be able to use a progressive scan DVD player, since one of the selling points of this year's models - including the 27 as far as I know - is component input...
I know this may sound ignorant - but what is the point of component input if prog. scan is unavailable....
I would highly consider then going with a more expensive set - only that means I would be unable to get the amp (Denon 2802) and speakers (KEF Cresta) I want......
JLC

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings
There are two kinds of component video inputs.
The 480i variety
and the 480i/p/1080i type. Different animals.
Regards
------------------
fp.jpg

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the responses. No progressive scan for me, unfortunately. Oh well, at least I can view anamorphic titles and correct the Wega's oversqueeze with the Malata's x-y scaling feature. Looks quite nice, even interlaced.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For the 32" WEGAs, I recommend getting either the -17 or -27 over the -13. They will still not do progressive, but they have quite a few more features for not too much more $$. If you're going to spend that kind of money, might as well get the better stuff...
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, inate desire on the part of every organism, to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Honda/Acura Club ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks