Will a KDS monitor with component video input play progressive scan input on screen?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg_TSL, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Greg_TSL

Greg_TSL Stunt Coordinator

Friend asked me this, I wasnt sure.
    TIA

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

3. Greg_TSL

Well I guess I can stop coming to this forum!
    Thanks!

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Did you find the model number of that KDS monitor? None of them have a "component video" input except the KDS Radius Rad-5c (and other Radius flat panels, it seems) according to www.kdsusa.com.. It's pretty vague if they really use the 3 plug component inputs or not, but they mention "75 Ohms" which sounds right.

I mentioned google because it looked like you hadn't tried that avenue of research yet.

(I found the information using google...took me under a minute to find it. [​IMG] )

5. Greg_TSL

Ah, Thanks for the info, I am pretty sure its a 19" CRT, so thats probably why I couldnt find anything relating to component video info on it, he must be mistaken about the connection.

Thanks again

[​IMG]

6. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Hey no problem. I can see why it was so difficult to find info on the monitors though. I must have lucked out finding the US site for KDS when using Google!

Anyhow, it's likely his monitor may have 2 VGA inputs. A 15 pin DSUB (small connector) and a set of 5 BNC inputs. Weird looking round jacks that are larger than an RCA jack. If his monitor has only those two, then he can't use component video, which only uses 3 RCA-style plugs.

Also, I didn't check for older KDS monitor models. That may explain why I didn't see much when I visited their site.