What's new

Will 2002 Sony Wega read Memory Stick Pro cards? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This is almost a silly question, but...

Does anyone know if the Sony Wega TVs, HD, KV line, from 2002 read Memory Stick Pro cards (for displaying digital pictures)? My TV and manual are 600 miles away and I'd like to know ASAP.

My family generously gave me a Sony Digital Camera for Xmas -- Sony because they know I've got a Sony Wega which can read Memory Sticks and display the pictures.

However, I've found that the camera only accepts up to a 128 MB MS; for 256 MB and above a MS Pro is required. I'd like a 256 MB minimum card for this 4 mega-pixel camera. If my TV can't accept the MS Pro card, then there's no compelling reason to use a Sony camera. So, I'm trying to determine my '02 Wega can read the MS Pro cards.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

SimiA

Second Unit
Did you try here?
http://fileshare.eshop.bg/most_popular/list_700.html
Also came across this:

Memory Stick or Memory Stick Duo (same controller different format)
Memory Stick Pro or Memory Stick Duo Pro (same controller different format)

Note 1: Users often wonder if their device, which their manual states supports either Memory Stick or Memory Stick Duo, will also accept MS Pro or MS Duo Pro, so that they can take advantage of the larger capacities available in the ‘Pro’ sticks (See capacity below). Unfortunately the answer to that is ‘no’, because fo the different types of controller between the standard and Pro items.
Note 2: Some companies continue to launch faster and faster Memory Stick products, resulting in additional nomenclature such as MS Extreme and MS Ultra – which are compatible with MS Pro devices.
Note 3: In the shop or on the web you may also come across the Memory Stick Select (256Mb). Manufacturers were unable to product normal Memory Sticks in any greater capacity than 128Mb. To still be able to offer 256Mb, the ‘MS Select’ was introduced, which offered the user a physical switch to choose between two sets of 128Mb that were present on the card.

Vb

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks :) Though, that was not the answer I was hoping for :frowning:

I think my model number is KV-36HS500. All indications are that this is pre-MS Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks