What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
John Patrick Shanley’s third directorial effort in 30 years, Wild Mountain Thyme, arrives on a barebones DVD from Universal.

Wild Mountain Thyme (2020)

Released: 11 Dec 2020
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 102 min

Director: John Patrick Shanley
Genre: Drama, Romance

Cast: Dearbhla Molloy, Don Wycherley, Clare Barrett, Darragh O'Kane
Writer(s): John Patrick Shanley (written for the screen by), John Patrick Shanley (based on the play "Outside Mullingar" by)

Plot: A pair of star-crossed lovers in Ireland get caught up in their family's land dispute.

IMDB rating: 5.4
MetaScore: 45

Disc Information

Studio: Other
Distributed By: Universal
Video Resolution: 480P/MPEG-2

Aspect Ratio:...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Todd!

I had forgotten that Shanley was writer/director of Doubt (one of my all-time favorite films). I may need to give this a go.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peg and I watched this tonight!

Matt: We agree with pretty much everything you wrote.

First, I am so disappointed this didn't get a Blu-ray release. I can only imagine how much more beautiful the already beautiful landscapes and scenery would have been in an HD rendering of the film.

Second, we both really enjoyed it...although we are left with many questions. D'uh! :laugh: Peg and I are both surprised I liked it as much as I did! I usually don't like "unusual" stories like this.

But what really held me spellbound was the dialogue and cast. Sure, the Irish accents are for shite (see what I did there?!? :D ) but they were okay for me--I've never been to Ireland!

I had some questions about the main character's motivations--especially Rosemary's passivity to her situation. The twist explained some of his motivations, I guess. But it all was quite an enjoyable ride.

While Doubt ranks as one of my all-time favorite films, I have never seen Joe vs. the Volcano (I believe I'll be correcting that) and we watched Moonstruck (probably on a VHS rental when it was first released). We didn't think much of Moonstruck then but that was more than thirty years ago. I think we'll be giving that another look-see.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Peg and I watched this tonight!

Matt: We agree with pretty much everything you wrote.

First, I am so disappointed this didn't get a Blu-ray release. I can only imagine how much more beautiful the already beautiful landscapes and scenery would have been in an HD rendering of the film.

Second, we both really enjoyed it...although we are left with many questions. D'uh! :laugh: Peg and I are both surprised I liked it as much as I did! I usually don't like "unusual" stories like this.

But what really held me spellbound was the dialogue and cast. Sure, the Irish accents are for shite (see what I did there?!? :D ) but they were okay for me--I've never been to Ireland!

I had some questions about the main character's motivations--especially Rosemary's passivity to her situation. The twist explained some of his motivations, I guess. But it all was quite an enjoyable ride.

While Doubt ranks as one of my all-time favorite films, I have never seen Joe vs. the Volcano (I believe I'll be correcting that) and we watched Moonstruck (probably on a VHS rental when it was first released). We didn't think much of Moonstruck then but that was more than thirty years ago. I think we'll be giving that another look-see.
Matt?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This has been on my iTunes wishlist for several days. I'll buy the HD digital once it hits my price point.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I really enjoyed this movie as I watched it early this morning after purchasing the iTunes HD digital as it hit my price point this past week. My only problem with the movie is I couldn't understand Anthony's reluctance towards Rosemary. Emily Blunt is just too damn hot to keep most straight men from being with her.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks