Wild Arms 3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul h, Nov 11, 2002.

1. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

2. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

so little time! I've got this,GTA3 VC and Suikoden (sp?) sitting at home waiting to be played! oy!

3. Woo Jae

Woo Jae Screenwriter

You're telling me!

I have waiting for me:

Wild Arms 3
    Suikoden III
    Kingdom Hearts
    Grandia eXtreme

Not to mention Xenogears which I play once a year...

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I hate to be nostalgic but I loved the original Wild Arms. I thought the games was so cool, I got my little sister to sit down and play through after I was done. Regarding this one, unless it's the best RPG on the planet I don't think I have time for it, too many good games out and coming down the road.

5. Woo Jae

Woo Jae Screenwriter

Sorta agree with you there, AndreF...
    Too many games - goood ones are available for PS as well as others. Sometimes, I am glad I have only one console since that's one less thing to bleed my wallet for. [​IMG] Stinks when games I have an interest in are only on the other consoles, though.
    I should get an X box - but don't feel like getting one yet since it is more of a money issue. Trying to pay off your credit card bills is really annoying, to say the least, since they kill you with the interest rates. Oh Well...

6. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Wild Arms 3 is pretty underrated though, don't let the jaded mainstream press scare you away. It's certainly better than Kingdom Hearts. If you're a fan of the old school SNES RPGs, WA3 is about as good as it gets. I think fans of Xenogears will be pretty pleased too, it's obvious the developers played Xenogears and there are more than a few similarities.
    I was personally dreading slogging through WA3 but I picked it up anyway during the TRU deal to go with some other 39.99 games. The opening segment is so traditional and nicely done that it took less than 10 minutes for me to throw out the subconscious bias perpetrated by all of the reviews. Since starting on it, I have completely ignored
    Contra
    GTA:VC
    Dynasty Tactics(owned my life for the week before though)
    Sly Cooper
    Deathrow
    Burnout 2
    Suikoden 2(haven't cracked the factory seal yet[​IMG]

7. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Has anyone played this on a large screen tv? Given the rendering style, I'm wondering if it will look awful when blown up to a rptv.

-Dave

8. Marshall W. Carter

Marshall W. Carter Stunt Coordinator

I'm tentatively planning on getting this one. I loved the original (it was probably helped by the fact that it was the only RPG available when I got my PS), but could never get into the second one for whatever reason. This one looks like a keeper though, especially since Square doesn't seem to be putting out the quality RPG's the way they used to. I'm going to be busy for a while with this and Suikoden...heh [​IMG]

9. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron
    Wild Arms 1 and 2 are the only RPGs I've actually finished in the last several years. All others, including the vaunted Skies of Arcadia, bored me half way through and I never finished.

I'll probably give SoA another shot when the GC version hits. I used to be a hardcore RPG guy, but now I lean more to action/adventure, so I often have no patience for an RPG if it gets slow at all. Plus there some other games that arrived while I playing SoA that pulled me away.