wil lI get any more sports in HD OTA?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Grady Hollums, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

I only have PBS, CBS, and ABC that are in High Def and I only have OTA, so will I ever get to see any HD basketball or any other good sports in HD with these stations?

I am going though Hd football withdrawal!!!! Someone help me!

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Some games in March Madness will be in HDTV, but it's dependent on where the games will be played.

I think CBS also covers the Masters in HDTV as well.

3. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

Thanks Patrick! I will look forward to the March Madness games! golf and me have never gotten along though. heh.

I would much rather watch Widescreen non-Hd PBS shows instead of golf, heh. Thanks...I guess what I really just need to do is take the plunge and get DirecTV with the HD pkg, and then I would have DiscoveryHD, and ESPNHD to keep me happy a little longer.[​IMG]

4. Mike Slade

Mike Slade Second Unit

ABC should have some NHL games on at some point. Not sure when or how often though. I know last year the playoff games they had were HD.

I've heard that all CBS golf starting with the Masters is supposed to be HD. Don't know if that was ever made official though.

5. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

Winter Olympics is advertised to be in HD.

ABC says that Hockey on the weekends will be HD, but I watched the Wings/Colorado game and no HD, even though on the boards in front of the Wing's Bench they had a huge ABC HD Sports banner.

I've also heard Augusta will be in HD.

6. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

They are telecast on NBC.

CBS telecasts most major sports in HD--The Masters, U.S. Open (tennis), SEC football (one game each week), NFL (one game each week) and some more.

ABC will telecast the Stanley Cup in HD and more and more of their sports overall.