What's new

Wii Virtual Console & Wii Ware Weekly Release (1 Viewer)

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I think the prices are fine, considering it's a one shot deal for you to permanently have all of those games in one place. The Channel interface was ingenious, and is a major selling point for a lot of the VC games, IMO.

Nathan A

Second Unit
Mariokart 64 is supposed to be next Monday's game. (I don't know if there are supposed to be any others along with it.)

David_SG

Stunt Coordinator
Question - can you buy Wii Points directly from the shopping channel, or do you need to buy one of those cards from a store?

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
The Wii News Channel went live today. A fairly unique way of looking at headlines, it uses a globe similar to the one on the Wii Weather Channel, with headlines appearing over the area they originate, so If you're interested in Chicago news, you just roll the globe to the Illinois area, and wammo! News!. The headlines are also available broken up into categories if you don't want to use the globe.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm going on my two week vacation here starting Feb 11th, and I'm doing nothing but catching up on TV, movies, music and video games.
And I'm looking at downloading some classic games.
I know I want Solomon's Key, but I'm looking for a few other games.
Im a zelda and Castlevania fan, but can someone recommend any of the older games?

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Yesterdays New Games: (SNES) Contra 3 (rock!), (N64) Mario Kart, (GEN) Comix Zone, and (GEN) Bonanza Bros.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Currently the Pickins are a little slim, there John. Contra 3 that was just released is totally sweet, Also Toe Jam & Earl is a pretty good title. BTW, Love the sig. The Power Glove IS bad!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Thanks for the comments on my sig file.

Also thanks for the reccomendations.

I think I'll try Contra 3 and maybe even ComicZone.

of course I may wait untill that first Monday of my vacation to see what they come out with

Nathan A

Second Unit
I don't think I can recommend any of the Genesis titles for anyone with a PS2. There's a "Sega Genesis Collection" disc that goes for $20 (or less) which includes Sonic 1 and 2, Ecco the Dolphin (and its Genesis sequels), Comix Zone, Ristar, Gain Ground, Bonanza Bros., Altered Beast, Columns, Phantasy Star 2-4, and more...

The VC pricing is outrageous compared to this disc. Plus, the disc runs in 480p.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah,

I'll be getting Super Mario World for sure this friday.

Rumors are that Donkey Kong Country is coming next monday

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Rock. My kids love MarioKart, which they play relentlessly. I'm a bit worried about how much space, since I keep reading you can't store the games on a memory stick, it has to be in the main memory.. but we'll see ;) So far, I've been pretty happy with a lot of the VC options.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Kid Icarus was released today.

SO HAPPY.

I loved playing this game..going to download it!!

Kirby and Ice Climbers was also released today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks