Grip
Real Name
Marilyn
Here is what I have:

Panasonic TH58PZ7000

Motorola DCT6412

Sony Blue ray BDPS300

Bose V20

I have just purchased a WII system, mainly for Netflix Movies.

Could someone tell me in simple language how to hook up the Wii so the sound goes thru my Bose System?

I have no idea what I am doing, so I really need it spelled out for me!

Marilyn

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
First, are the other components already connected, and if so, how are they connected to the Bose?

Secondly, the Wii is a standard definition gaming system, so Netflix is not going to look very good on your HDTV. If you want Netflix with HD video and 5.1 surround, the only option is, starting on 10/18, the PS3.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Netflix is going to have surround sound???? SWEEEEET.

Doesn't your Sony BD player do netflix? One of these days I'm sure my washing machine will even get a Netflix app - they have it in everything else!

And to answer yur actual question: the Wii will just have the usual red-white-yellow cables with RCA plugs. Red and White are left and right audio, which you'd plug in to similar sockets on your Bose system. If you have no room left, you'll need to get a switcher or just swap cables back and forth. the yellow plug is your composite video for the TV.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
You can get component cables for the Wii, as it does support a 480p signal, but that's as good as it'll get. Surround, at best, will be Dolby Pro Logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks