What's new

Wii preorders start tommorow (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I thought I'd just drop a note up here to tell everyone that Gamestop and EBgames will be starting their Wii preorders tommorow at 10AM.

I've already talked to both of the stores in my town and it sounds as though the alotments will be light, so if you really want one you will probably want to go early.

Good luck everyone.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
It's presumed, based on information from Gamestop employees, that they willnot do any more pre-orders on the Wii than PS3s, this despite the fact that Nintendo is planning on shipping more than double the amount of Wiis to the PS3s. That seems a little lame to me.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
For those that missed their chance to pre-order a Wii at Game Stop/EB Games - Toys "R" Us pre-orders begin when the store opens at 10 AM on Sunday morning (10/29/06).

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Update: A few sites have comfirmed/stated that WalMart.com will begin selling the Wiisoon, as in 11/1/2006

Nobody has been able to nail down a time though (AFAIK) that these will be able to be ordered though, so if you want one, keep checking walmart.com over the next 24 hrs.

They may be "bundles" though...so watch out for that, too...

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Anyone happen to get the Wii bundle from walmart.com earlier today?

It lasted about 10-15 minutes...and wouldn't you know that they timed it perfectly to start precisley when I was making my 10 minute drive into work. I logged in when I got to work and it was gone :frowning:

Fun stuff!

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
I got an e-mail from Gamestop last night saying that Wii bundles will be available for pre-order online starting Thursday Evening CST. That's great, but they didn't give a specific time CST. Anyone have an idea of when the pre-orders will start Thursday evening?

Thanks, Rick

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

The Game Stop/EB Games Wii bundles are also $700 (before tax & shipping). No thanks. ;)

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
From the Gamestop site, here's what $700 gets you:

So if you don't want a warranty or some of the games... you're out of luck!

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Steve, you're leaving out the fine print (which will undoubtedly screw over a lot of customers by substituting their pre-ordered games with other games like "Barnyard", "Happy Feet", "Sponge Bob" and "Cars" once stock of the 6 advertised titles runs dry).

"Wii bundle contents subject to change."

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i wonder how much extra stuff gamestop will bundle with the PS3. it couldnt be $450 more than the console, could it? i dont see the 60GB bundle going for over a grand.

CJ

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Corporate greed will make it so.

The PS3 bundle will be at least $1,000.

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Well,

It was a waste of time to even try to get them online at Gamestop. At about 6:00 pm MST, I had just checked the web-site and it still had the message about pre-orders occurring sometime this evening and to keep checking. I then refreshed the screen no more than 5 minutes later and a message was there saying that in-store and Online pre-orders had ended. When did they begin?

At any rate I think it's a blessing in disguise so I don't waste my money on a bundle. But I would have liked to have the opportunity to choose, and the website to have given me some kind of feedback that pre-orders were indeed being taken at that time or whenever they were taken.

Later, Rick

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I was able to order a Wii Bundle on EBGames at approximately 7:50pm EST. I think the window of opportunity was open for about 15 minutes or so (maybe less according to some reports). If you were on the Wii Page you missed it. You had to go to the Home Page of EBGames where a clickable link suddenly appeared right after the Rutgers/Louisville football game started on ESPN (7:47pm EST). I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Not the most user-friendly way to do things, but perhaps planned because the allotment was so small.

Incidently, in an unrelated matter I also saw they had HD-DVD add-on players in stock for the XBox 360 ($199 including King Kong HD-DVD) so I picked one up while waiting for the Wii Window to open.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks