What's new

Wife's car is dead. Any mid-90's minivan suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Andy_S

Second Unit
My wife's station wagon has finally gotten to the point of no return. What's a good used ('96-'98) minivan that will run reliably and make a good family bus? Is there a specific car company that makes reliable cars? Any help would be appreciated!
------------------
Check out my home-built mame cabinet here!

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
We have a Dodge Grand Caravan since 98 and it works fine. We've been coast to coast already with 60000 plus miles on her. If ur contemplating on getting a pre-owned one, do not get a caravan below the 98 year. Its like Win95, too many bugs. Now a Honda Odyssey is another story. U'll just get tired of it because it couldn't and wouldn't break down enough to give u a reason to replace it.
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'll agree with the Honda comments, but ad the Pontiac Transport. My sister loves hers.
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Gene Severn

Stunt Coordinator
Depending on how many kid's you have, I'd consider an SUV rather than a mini-van. My wife hates mini-vans. Dodge Caravan's used to be the best, but a friend of mine has had nothing but trouble...pistons replaced in the first engine, finally the whole engine was replaced...bad news. I love my Jeep Cherokee 150,000 miles and going strong...more versatile for New England winters. The Subaru Outback/Forrester might be a good compromise between a real SUV and a mini-van.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Get the Olds Silhouette because it's the "Cadillac of Minivans" :)
------------------
Chuck
http://www.hometheaterinsider.com

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
We owned a 1996 Mercury Villager (a rebadged Nissan Quest, actually). The vehicle was very reliable, and we liked it so much we purchased a 2000 Villager as a replacement.
Chrysler products are not known for their reliabilty. I would be very reluctant to purchase a 5 year old Chrysler product.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Toyota Previa. With any kind of decent maintenance these things will go 300k miles without a major repair. My boss has 280k on his 92 Previa with nothing but normal maintenance and the occasional brake job. Many of our customers at the Toyota dealership shop where I work have had similar experiences. The drivetrain on these was built to commercial vehicle durability standards, and it shows.
------------------
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Proxa