What's new

Wife wants a wagon (1 Viewer)

Stephen L

Second Unit
After the holidays I was planning(hoping) to get a new car , maybe a Nissan Altima or VW Passat to replace my aging 93 Accord. Monday my wife said she wanted to get a wagon because she was tired of her 95 Caravan , oh man there goes my car:frowning:. I'm looking to spend between 20-25k , lower is better:D .The wagons she said she liked were the Subaru Outback ,VW Passat ,Saturn LW or the wagon/suv Hyundai Sante Fe.Anyone drive any of these?Definitely have to stick to my budget 20-25k and not interested in the Ford Taurus wagon.Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i don't own a wagon and hopefully never will but since you were considering the 4 door passat, you'd probably come out well getting the passat wagon. of course, i say if you're paying for the car you should buy whatever you damn well please.

kevin t

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Get the Jetta or Pasat wagon based on size needs and budget. The Jetta wagon with the 1.8 turbo is a pretty sweet little number for its price range. While you may not like the idea of driving a wagon looks-wise, at least it will be a kick to drive.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Stephen,
I don't think you'll find a Subaru Outback or a Passat wagon for the price range you specified, however check out the new Mazda wagon... can't remember the specific model but it's a decent sized small wagon, or better yet get her the Subaru WRX wagon! You'll end up driving it all the time anyway! :D

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i think the mazda wagon you're thinking of is the protege 5. looks pretty sporty for a wagon...but it's a wagon nonetheless.

kevin t

Stephen L

Second Unit
The Sub WRX & Mazda 5 wagons are nice but too small.
I don't think you'll find a Subaru Outback or a Passat wagon for the price range you specified,
I think we can get one for 23-25 range ,both 4 cyl models.Anyone know of or use auto related forums?

E

Eric Kahn

As a VW owner, I need to tell you that both of the engines availible in the Passat require Premium gas

the Jetta wagon's base engine 2.0 four runs on regular

jetta is also availible with the turbo diesel like I have in my VW

Consumer reports likes the Passat sedan

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I hear Radio Flyer is coming out with a new model. Plenty of room for the driver and maybe half a sack of groceries. Uses very little fuel (doing your part for the environment) and you can park one almost anywhere. Cheap, too. You could buy one for everyone in your family for what you're looking to spend...

John Blaze

Auditioning
Dude you need to get a Subie WRX Wagon! That car is like the ultimate sleeper. Turbocharged four cylinder boxter type engine good for 227 hp and AWD! Plus it can be easily modded to be faster than stangs and other import trash. Great for those stoplight races back from the grocery store. ;)

Stephen L

Second Unit
Argh....after looking through the car section in the Sunday paper today now my wife is interested in a something new.The 2001 Mazda MPV is being advertised for 16.9K all over the place down from 21.6k + either 0% or rebates.Seems like a good deal but I'm not crazy about Mazda.Reviews I've found were pretty much positive but the engine was a little under powered:frowning: .........pretty much told her I want to go with the Outback or Passat , have to take them for a spin.Women:confused:

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
if you haven't already, check out the Volvo V40. Nice small wagon, and really safe. They have a great deal going on them until the end of the year, I was close to getting one myself before the wife nixed that idea ;)
If you want the best wagon, I like the Mercedes E class wagon, but it is out of the price range you mention...

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator
I like my '69 LeMans wagon (soon to have a GTO front)

And I'd love to get my hands on a Chrysler Town & Country and give it an Imperial front

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks