What's new

Wife giving birth soon; should I get her a gift? (1 Viewer)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
My wife and I had our first baby almost three months ago, and of all the gifts she got in the hospital, the one she enjoyed most was a fruit bouquet. Not a fruit basket; it's set up like a flower bouquet but it has fresh fruit carved and arranged like flowers instead (strawberries, pineapple, grapes, I forget what else). Hospital food isn't as bad as the stand-up comedians make it out to be, but that fruit was absolutely delicious and she really appreciated it. I am looking for a link so I can show you what I'm talking about, but no luck yet. It's definitely not a generic basket with fake grass and some oranges and strawberry jelly or whatever...it came in a big ceramic booty...damn, this is harder than I thought. I'll be back to edit my post when I find a link...

[edit] Okay, here's the link: Edible Arrangements

And an example of what I am talking about:

Rives Elmore

Stunt Coordinator
Wife and I had our first 2 months ago (April 10th). It is traditional to get a "new mother" gift, I went out and purchased a White Orchid at Home Depot Landscape store, she absolutely loved it.

The TRADITIONAL gift is a mothers ring with the childs birthstone in it. Plan ahead, if you plan to have more than 1 child, get a mothers ring with empty slots in it for the next one, or 2, 3...etc etc.

Enjoy the baby, we are having a blast with our daughter.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I got my wife a necklace and locket she could put a picture of our newborn daughter in. When she went into labor at 4am (Christmas Day !), she sat in the bathroom for about 30 minutes just staring at the locket. She claims it eased the pain to concentrate on a new object.

After she got bored with the locket she just started beating me for getting her into this mess....

Congrats ! My daughter's birth is probably the biggest day of my life. Truly amazing.

DavidAM

Second Unit
How about a new set of pots and pans so when she gets home she can cook you something good
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Rives Elmore

Stunt Coordinator
I found this last night, while looking for ideas for our next child, it looks perfect for your situation. Its a necklace that has a heart pendant, where the mothers birthstone is on the top and the childrens (they can be added if you have more) are on the bottom of the heart

More info can be found here:

Lenox Collection : Mothers Little Gems

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks