What's new

Wife Gave the OK..Now would like your Advice. (1 Viewer)

Mike Bagley

Auditioning
Was talking to the wife the other night and we are both huge movie fans. We already have a small HT system in our living room consisting of a big screen TV, amp, dvd, laserdisc, vcr, sat TV and of course 5.1 surround sound speakers. We decided we are going to add a dedicate room on to the back of our house. (Kind of works out in our favor her 4 brothers are all in construction). The Dimensions of the room are 15’1” on the left and right side and 21’6” on the top and bottom. the left wall and top wall are attached to the house with a door on the top wall about a foot away from the left wall.

I have read and seen a lot of the posts on this great forum and know that all of you are full of ideas. If you could offer your suggestions as how you would turn this space if it was yours into your ultimate home theater I would greatly appreciate it. I figure everyone’s heads and ideas put together would be better then just my own. I will post the ideas that my wife and myself have decided on and take pictures of the progress along the way. Thank You.

MichaelGomez

Stunt Coordinator
A little more info please. Are you moving the equipment out of the living room? Or are you getting new equipment. Also, if new, big screen or projection.

As for the actual construction, that depends on the equipment.

Mike Bagley

Auditioning
We will be purchasind all new equipment for our dedicated theater room. We will be keeping all our old equipment in the living room. We are thinking about purchasing a Grayhawk Screen from Stewart Film and then looking into getting a good recommended projection unit that we can hook Sat TV , DVD, and our Computer up to as well. (Any recommendations?)As well as we want the best surround sound possible.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Regarding projection, definitely have a look at the JVC D-ILA projectors. They are without question just about the best digital projector you can get. There has even been special software written specifically for them (Dilard - a phenomenal projector calibration utlity, for example.) I have a G15 for my theater and can hardly wait to fire it up!

BTW - the Greyhawk matches perfectly with the D-ILA. Most of the beta testers used those projectors with it.

-greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks