Wife freindly touch screen remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Reich, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Jason Reich

Jason Reich Stunt Coordinator

I need help from the pros..
    I recently finished up my theater, and everything came together great! however, since we have went from tv- cable box- and dvd, three remotes to five, my wife is frustrated. I had to leave two pages of directions on how to activate and use each component. She is good with our computer and such but this is making her pull out her hair! I need to find a universal remote- touch screen preferred for $100-$150ish I do not mind buying used or refurbed. the gear I need to control is:
    Cable box- digital Scientific Atlantica 2100
    TV - Sony RPTV
    RCA DVD player
    Sharp SVHS VCR
    Yamaha RXV530
    I need to keep it simple, with the cable box she often uses the "guide" feature- to find info on movies and such. I need to have a remote that when she is watching cable and wants to turn on a dvd, she presses dvd and the receiver changes to dvd, and the remote controls the dvd functions...etc

I looked at the Pronto TSU500 for $139- will this do the job? be simple enough for her to run, but extensive enough for me to control my gear?

Thanks,

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
  3. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

A Pronto TSU 1000 should be pretty cheap & pronto edit rocks - I HIGHLY recommend it. I've got a 2000 and won't go back! [​IMG]

4. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

5. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

You can solve some of the problems by:

- Running all audio & video through the receiver. The TV now becomes a simple on/off device with no volume control. This eliminates 1 remote.

- Get a learning/macro capable remote that can turn on the TV & receiver with a single button push. The OneForAll Cinema 7 can be found for about $19. Well worth the money for the experiment of putting everything in one remote.