1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Wife chose TV over Anniv ring...need emerg. help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Kirkpatric, Dec 21, 2002.

1. John Kirkpatric

At the last minute, my wife decided she would rather have a widescreen TV instead of an "11th" year anniv ring. Would greatly appreciate suggestions on popular models ~34" that would be found at local Circuit City/Best Buy. Looking in $1500 range. I CANT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY! Help me out guys.

2. Jay Broussard

Jay Broussard Auditioning

Just a small piece of advice...never let that one go! [​IMG]
    Jay

3. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

John- You should take a look at the Panasonic PT-47WX42 (47") Widescreen set. It can be had for about $1599.99!

4. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Or the Toshiba 34" is really spectactular.

damn now where can i find a woman like that. your a lucky guy

5. Robert James Clark

Robert James Clark Second Unit

Get a Sanyo LP-Z1 ($1500) or InFocus X1 ($1400 here ) front projector and make sure you get that great wife something anyway!

6. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    John,
    I'd 2nd that Toshiba 34", if you must choose widescreen direct-view. However, I doubt you can get it for just $1500. Widescreen direct-view's are still quite expensive. If you must have direct-view and stay below $1500, maybe you should check out the various 4x3 sets that come w/ a 16x9 mode--that would exclude the Panny's from what I hear. The Toshiba 36" should be a good choice and would offer a 16x9 image size that's essentially the same as the 34" widescreen--maybe only 1/2" less.
    If you don't mind going RPTV (and much bigger!), then I'd 2nd the Panny 47". I'm sure you can get it for less than $1500 if you shop around and/or haggle some. OR the Toshiba 42H82 would be a good choice as well for something in between and as shallow as the direct-views.
    And yes, get the wife something else as well. Maybe a day at the spa. [​IMG]
    _Man_

7. John Kirkpatric

Thanks for all the responses. I went out and got the Toshiba 32" HD ready tv. Can't remember the model number but the quality seems pretty good. So Christmas was; (4) Paradigm Titans, Paradigm center, Klipsch sub, Yamaha RXV530, and a progressive scan player. Wife seems to like it although we don't have any movies yet!