1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Wife chose TV over Anniv ring...need emerg. help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Kirkpatric, Dec 21, 2002.

1. John Kirkpatric

At the last minute, my wife decided she would rather have a widescreen TV instead of an "11th" year anniv ring. Would greatly appreciate suggestions on popular models ~34" that would be found at local Circuit City/Best Buy. Looking in $1500 range. I CANT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY! Help me out guys.

2. Jay Broussard

Jay Broussard Auditioning

Just a small piece of advice...never let that one go! [​IMG]
    Jay

3. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

John- You should take a look at the Panasonic PT-47WX42 (47") Widescreen set. It can be had for about $1599.99!

4. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Or the Toshiba 34" is really spectactular.

damn now where can i find a woman like that. your a lucky guy

5. Robert James Clark

Robert James Clark Second Unit

Get a Sanyo LP-Z1 ($1500) or InFocus X1 ($1400 here ) front projector and make sure you get that great wife something anyway!

6. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    John,
    I'd 2nd that Toshiba 34", if you must choose widescreen direct-view. However, I doubt you can get it for just $1500. Widescreen direct-view's are still quite expensive. If you must have direct-view and stay below $1500, maybe you should check out the various 4x3 sets that come w/ a 16x9 mode--that would exclude the Panny's from what I hear. The Toshiba 36" should be a good choice and would offer a 16x9 image size that's essentially the same as the 34" widescreen--maybe only 1/2" less.
    If you don't mind going RPTV (and much bigger!), then I'd 2nd the Panny 47". I'm sure you can get it for less than $1500 if you shop around and/or haggle some. OR the Toshiba 42H82 would be a good choice as well for something in between and as shallow as the direct-views.
    And yes, get the wife something else as well. Maybe a day at the spa. [​IMG]
    _Man_

7. John Kirkpatric

Thanks for all the responses. I went out and got the Toshiba 32" HD ready tv. Can't remember the model number but the quality seems pretty good. So Christmas was; (4) Paradigm Titans, Paradigm center, Klipsch sub, Yamaha RXV530, and a progressive scan player. Wife seems to like it although we don't have any movies yet!