What's new

Wierd little problem (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Last night while watching JAG , I noticed that when there was a flashback , and the picture composition changed drastically, my InFocus 4800 would lose the picture momentarily, then display the "setting up picture" box. This happened about 6 times last night and was kinda annoying. Something I'm doing wrong?

Setup:
InFocus Screenplay 4800, Computer input fed by component cables, set to 16:9
LG LS-4200A, component output, to computer adapter on FP, set to 1080I

Brian Gi

Stunt Coordinator
Upgrade your firmware, you can download it and the directions from the infocus website.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
No joy. :frowning: The version on-board is already 1.6, the same as the most recent on the website.

Would changing from component cabling to the VESA computer port help the picture be more stable?

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Julian

I had this problem twice with mine. The first time it was my DVD player. For some unknown reason it would cause a signal change during some switches like you described. I wasn't able to determine if it was in fact the player or the PJ recalibrating for a signal change but changing players solved the problem.

the second time it turned out to be a component connection at the switchbox. The red cable had pulled out ever so slightly and during the same type situations would cause the PJ to lose the signal.

I have noticed this happening on if my SAT signal goes out for a second. The PJ has to refind the signal so I have always assumed that both the DVD player and loose cable caused a very short loss of signal.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

Thanks Doug,

This is more along the line of what I'm getting (loss of signal), as I haven't had a problem with the DVD player or LD or VCR, just the OTA box. My first antenna purchase was a disappointment; I have sent it back and I am awaiting a replacement. Very few places around here carry rooftop antennas anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread