What's new

Widescreen Superbowl? (1 Viewer)

Brandon*P

Auditioning
Ok my roommate has the 65" Mitsu from Best Buy. What would we need to buy by tommorow to see the Superbowl high definition widescreen?

PeteYork

Auditioning
I too am wondering this.... I assume the more updated metropolitan Cable providers will be sending it out in a HD feed, and I want to know which channel I should turn to to get it... or should I stay on regular Fox and switch my input to 'HD'

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
You will need to get a receiver box and an antenna to pull in the HD feed. This could be OTA (over the air), cable, or satellite (DirecTV, etc.). In the case of cable or satellite you may need to upgrade your subscription. OTA is free (once you have the decoder and antenna) but you'll want to make sure you have a decent signal at your location. Note that cable and DSS may not have the local channels in HD yet (depends on your area)!

PeteYork

Auditioning
ahhh!!! I just found out! ABC broadcasts an HD 'Extra' station on channel 503 (for Northeast TimeWarner Cable) and that the Super Bowl can be seen in HD on this channell! whoo hoo!!!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Brandon,
You don't mention the model of TV. BB sells two different Mitsubishis. One that is HD ready and one that has a built in ATSC tuner. If it is the HD ready model, then follow Greg_R's advice and get an HD receiver of some kind. If it is the one with the tuner, then you need an antenna of some kind. You don't put your location so that makes recommending things a little more difficult. Look at spending anywhere from $5 for a set of rabbit ears to around $1000+ for an HD sat receiver, dish, antenna (with pole, rotor & preamp) and installation.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks