What's new

Widescreen not filling completely?? (1 Viewer)

For some reason something in my settings has changed... I lost the ability to adjust my television viewing modes while watching DVD's.
I have the Samsung 42" Widescreen(1080i) which normally lets me adjust my aspect ratio on the fly during DVD playback. Now, all of a sudden when I go to adjust this, I get the "Not Available" pop up.
I have the Samsung P421 progressive scan DVD player and its video option settings have been verified at 16:9 Widescreen.
My TV is defaulting to Widescreen for some reason, and even if i turn my DVD player off and set the component video input to "DVD" it forces itself back to wide once I play a DVD.
The aspect ratio is adjustable for every other input on my set... so my guess is my DVD player has something to do with the problem.
This problem just popped up out of the blue :frowning: Was working as it should (able to set aspect during playback to "DVD"
I'm stumped
Any ideas??

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I think the Samsungs lock into FULL mode when getting a progressive signal. To fix this get a player with scaling features, like JVC or Panasonic RP91

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
All the progressive ones that I know of. I have a 75GD and it does scaling. The new proscan ones do too, even the 900BK 7 disc DVD/DVD-A changer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks