1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Widescreen multi-player PC games?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Chris PC, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I asked this over at AVS and so far it sounds like not much has changed. Oh well. I thought I'd check here too just in case [​IMG]

Just picked up an AMD64 platform upgrade. Widescreen games to play on my L200? [​IMG]

Just picked up an MSI Neo 2 Platinum and an AMD64 939 3000+ (winchester). I'm upgrading from an 850 Slot-A T-bird. Now, my video card is an older Matrox G400 max (for now, I may grab an ATI AIW to cover my needs). But for widescreen gaming on my Panasonic L200 LCD projector, I don't need high resolution anyways.

What fun games are there that support 848 x 484 widescreen and which ones are multi-player? Are multiplayer games setup so I can just plug in a bunch of USB 2.0 joysticks? (I have many USB ports) I'm not talking LAN games, I mean, are there any split screen games like the James Bond games I remember for the PS2 and Sega?

I wasn't planning to use this PC for gaming but I can't resist giving this a try. It should be a hoot.

2. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

Most games have a configuration file that you can modify to include custom resolutions. I know all games based off the quake, doom, and unreal engines (mostly first person shooters) can be adjusted to any resolution you want. You may also want to check out http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/ to see what else you can do.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer