Widescreen HDTV furniture?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Geelan, Aug 18, 2002.

1. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

If and when I upgrade finally to a 50" or more HDTV widescreen TV my other problem will be decent HT furniture that can go around the TV.

My current Entertainment Center works quite well as it holds the TV and all my electronics plus other nik-naks of my wife.

What are my options when it comes to HT furniture in regards to the larger Projection Widescreen TV's?

Thanks!
    JohnG

2. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Check out Bell'O. They have very nice A/V furniture, that will accommodate widescreen TVs.
    Bell'O

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I picked ups a entertainment unit that will allow a 65" set to be placed between it. With a light bridge above at Circuit City. You have to order it from a catalog in their store and it costs around $400.

4. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

Thanks for the replies.

Hopefully there will more emphasis on Widescreen HT furniture from manufacturers as these kind of TV's become the norm.

5. Jorge M

Jorge M Stunt Coordinator

Bell'O furniture is, well, beautiful, but can be pretty expensive. For a lower cost option, check out IKEA. They have modular furniture that can go around and over the RPTV (like Todd's above) in many different styles.

6. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

7. Jon Sciabica

Jon Sciabica Agent

check out http://www.woafurn.com. That's Works of Art Furniture. You can't buy it from the website but email to find out if there is a dealer near you.

8. Jorge M

Jorge M Stunt Coordinator

John,
    There's many others styles @ Ikea, but not on their website [​IMG]. You have to order a catalog, or you can browse one online. Of course, you can always go down to your nearest IKEA, which for you might be Elizabeth, NJ.

9. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

Thanks Jorge,

Actually there is an IKEA on Long Island so I will have to take a ride over there and check out their furniture.

The WAF comes into play with a larger TV. My wife doesn't mind a larger TV but likes having furniture in the room for her stuff.
    At least I have a few leads now.

Thanks!

10. Lee Daza

Lee Daza Agent

Also check out Salamander for some other ideas. I have a Synergy system and am very pleased with build quality and looks, plus it's infinitely expandable.