Widescreen Computer Monitors?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by DeathStar1, Jan 24, 2005.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Can anyone recomend a good place to shop for these things? I saw one or two at Best Buy, but I can't seem to find the model at the official Sony site....

Might be interested in getting a 23" Widescreen LCD Monitor in place of a Widescreen TV for now [​IMG].

Thanks

2. JasonMC

JasonMC Stunt Coordinator

I bought a 20" Widescreen LCD from Dell. It is very nice. I would have liked a larger screen but I am very happy with it. I use it for a computer monitor right now. It has a DVI, VGA, S-Video, and Component inputs. It also has PIP. I have yet to try it as a television.

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

What's the general price range of a 20"er? I would prefer to go as large as 24"'s as that's as wide as my current computer desk can go...

Also, is your's a multifunction monitor with a TV Tuner built in? I have no need for one of those as I already have a Tuner card in my cmoputer [​IMG]. I'm just looking for a basic widescreen monitor to watch my movies and widescreen shows on [​IMG].

4. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

The Dell 20" widescreen does not have a tv tuner built-in. It is a pretty good deal considering it can be had for around $700 and uses the exact same lcd panel as the Apple 20" cinema display. I think all of Dell's larger widescreen monitors have tv tuners built-in.

5. JasonMC

Neil,

If you look around on the net, you can probably find a coupon for Dell for their LCD monitors. I purchased mine a little before Christmas for $570.

6. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

7. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

hp f2304 is a 23 incher which is awesome. Native resolution is 1900x1200. Has 1 component input as well so you can hook up a hdtv source. Would have been nice to have a couple.
    Funny thing is this doesnt have a remote so they assume people will use it as a computer monitor.
    Has PIP so you can watch hi def on the pip.
    Has integrated speakers.
    Its the only 23 incher with component inputs that goes
    up to 1900 x 1200.
    Sony and Viewsonic have 23 inchers and Dell will probably introduce one.

I did not realize the 20 inch dell could take a component source.

1900x1200 resolution enables 2 full webpages and the pip source open on the side. Sweet real estate.

8. JasonMC

Correction:

I mistyped: The Dell takes a COMPOSITE connection, not component. Sorry.

Jason