Widescreen Advocate Success Stories!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joshua Clinard, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    Well, I just wanted to know if anyone has had any success using our print materials. If you show anyone one of our brochures, or flyers, and it appears to convince them to switch, then post it here. I realize that some of you are just getting around to printing out the materials, so this thread may take a few days to get any replies, but if you plan on using our stuff, bookmark this thread so that you can return to it later.

2. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard
    Anyone have anything to report yet?

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I was able to convince many people about widescreen, but not with the WA materials (I basically drew a few quick diagrams and used some popular films as examples)

By the way, nice website.

You need to take "Melies The Magician" off the watchdog list, though. All of his films were made in the basic 1.33:1 aspect ratio.

4. Patrick Scott

Sort of!! I work for Wal-Mart, the homeland of J6P, or in the case of my particular store Joe Kegger. One of the night managers (Matt, a forum regular but rarely a poster) put up one of your fliers above the new release section of the DVD’s. I had a lady today looking for Training Day in Full Screen, I told her it was only available in WIDESCREEN showed her the flyer that had the Mummy screen shots and suggested she read it. A customer pulled me away so I did not get to follow up with her, she did however walk away with the WIDESCREEN copy and take it to the register. In my particular store I have noticed that when we have a dual release such as A.I. the sales ratios are very close depending on the type of movie. An example would be A.I, which sold at a 60/40 ratio in favor of the full screen version. I think that’s pretty damn good considering the type of folks that shop my store. I will keep ya posted on any other developments.

Scott

5. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

Well I think I manage to convice my Speech class at school(senior year in high school) with a speech on widescreen. Even more odd is that the speech teacher, Miss Davis, already knows about widescreen and even started to talk about cropped off scenes when watching "Dead Poet Society" in class(had to be a lame VHS, since the school has no DVD player and the TV in there is SUPER SMALL).

6. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

I just added hyperlinks to that site in my sig!

7. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard
    Great stories, keep them coming.

8. Byron Maitra

Byron Maitra Auditioning

You should keep Melies the Magician on the list. Even though his films were shot 1.37, there is still very noticable cropping on this dvd disk. As much as 25% of the picture is missing from certain films, giving them around a 1.0 AR.