What's new

Wide Country complete series (1 Viewer)

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I see that TMG will release Wide Country the Complete Series starring Earl Holliman and Andrew Prine on November 15, and of course, under license from NBC Universal. Hmmmm...now if that other rodeo show Stoney Burke starring Jack Lord can be given a DVD release by MGM/TCFHE, they may have to allow Shout! to do just that! Any comparisons between the two shoes? I know Stoney Burke had Casey Tibbs as a rodeo technical advisor on that series, Wide Country must not have had someone, huh.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
oldtvshowbuff said:
I see that TMG will release Wide Country the Complete Series starring Earl Holliman and Andrew Prine on November 15, and of course, under license from NBC Universal. Hmmmm...now if that other rodeo show Stoney Burke starring Jack Lord can be given a DVD release by MGM/TCFHE, they may have to allow Shout! to do just that! Any comparisons between the two shoes? I know Stoney Burke had Casey Tibbs as a rodeo technical advisor on that series, Wide Country must not have had someone, huh.
Both shows well done, but Stoney Burke had the better cast. (imho) Jack Lord, Bruce Dern, and the late, great Warren Oates made for some excellent acting and story telling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks