Why was SVS left out???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Blizzard, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Tom Blizzard

Tom Blizzard Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    In the process of reading all I can about the many, many different subs., I thought I'd "check out" the December 2002 issue of "Audio Video Interiors". They have a special "Subwoofer Guide" shown on pages 80 - 88.
    There must be about 60 different brand names of subs. but I do not see SVS. Was this a mistake? Why was it left out of the listing? Just curious.
    Regards, Tom B.[​IMG]

2. Mike Poindexter

Mike Poindexter Stunt Coordinator

That guide was a total joke! All those subs listed and not even the frequency response. I thought that was utterly stupid to leave out one of the major stats of a sub, yet put in the weight, watts, efficiency, and cabinet size.

3. Phuong

Phuong Stunt Coordinator

Let's remember that advertisers keep the magazines in business, not consumers. The purpose of this magazine is to serve as brochures for custom installers. Certainly installers make their money by designing high-end, high-dollar systems. The last thing they want is for their clients to find out that a relatively inexpensive---albeit ugly---subwoofer from SVS, or semi-ugly in the case of Hsu Research, could compete head to head with Velodyne, Sunfire, and the like. Let's not kid ourselves. When it comes to performance, high-end custom theaters are concerned primarily with looks, then sound quality second.

4. Luis C

Luis C Stunt Coordinator

The reason SVS subs are not in the guide is because SVS did not submit their subs data to the mag. Simple as that. Leave the conspiracy theories to the Kennedy/UFO psychos.