Why the SVS Mystery?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Edward, Feb 25, 2002.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Why can't Tom or Ron give us the details of their new PC? I was just about ready to order a second one, and now the production line stops, and we're in the dark.

I'd bet that until the word gets out to the masses, 80% of sales have been through this forum. I think we deserve a bigger 'bone' than we've been thrown.

I know it's not popular to question SVS here, but I feel like an addict(of bass) that has had his supply cut off.

Tell us more! If I missed the thread that does just that, I apologize.

2. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

James,

There have been countless threads that have dropped what we can, when we could.

There is no conspriacy here. We're working 18+ hours a day to nail the final details of the components, the cost and the date of production. There are literally thousands of variables, and that's not accounting for the thousands of folks asking the same questions you are.

Having said that we're confident that we can have the basics up on the web site in the next day or two. We've probably been on the phone with just one supplier at least 100 hours over the last couple weeks making sure every dB and ever $ has been maximized.

The wait will be worth it. Just think of the old PC, think more, (for less) and you'll have the general idea.

If you liked the old PC, you can't help being wholly addicted all over again with the PCi.

The i stands for improved as you probably know. It's the culmination of a number of refinements of the PC design introduced over many months. I think the icing on the (subwoofer) cake will surprise a few folks however.

Even some of the larger OEM's haven't gone to the trouble we've pushed thru on this sub. Not a single component is generic "off the shelf" this time.

More soon. Sorry we couldn't supply a more tasty bone to date.

Ron

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

I'd also like to add that in less than 2 years...we have
    10 distinct subs available..with the SS, PCi and the PC_U nearly certain to debut in the next 6 months.
    Over a dozen woofs,combined with our unparalleled aggressiveness in improving our already potent products(and making these upgrades available to past customers whenever possible) points to one hellashishly dynamic company imo(but I'm bias [​IMG] ).
    As far as HTF goes....I think Ron and Parker have some stuff in the works regarding SVS(and the PCi)....but I wouldn't want to *give it away*...
    TV

4. Norman Short

Norman Short Stunt Coordinator

Nobody is doubting the dynamic growth of product and reputation. But the different models have made it more difficult to make the best buying decision, and hence more people asking questions. Glad we'll know more soon. I will buy an SVS sub, I just don't know which one.

5. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i personally think that, for such a small independent company, where you guys have come in two years is remarkable. i'm waiting on one of those small black boxes myself, and i'm very pleased to see how fast SVS has addressed, discussed, and acted on the problem some of us are having. keep up the good work! [​IMG]

6. Rich G

Rich G Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Ron, I think you guys are doing a fine job on improvements, supply, and communication!

7. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Has SVS considered incorporating servo technology? Why or why not? Will this greatly reduce headroom?

8. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Adil,

We are not. Certainly we could, but it would add expense and given our designs it really wouldn't improve already world-class performance.

That is not so say we'll never go there but right now there is no compelling reason to. Most makers that use servo type arrangements NEED servo-type arrangements. It's not something you really want in your signal path if you can avoid it IMO.

Ron

9. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

Ron,
    Anything remotely on the horizon resembling a smaller type of product than your current offerings? Hoping...

10. Joe Brasi

Joe Brasi Auditioning

Did I read that right? Are you saying that the PCi will cost less than the original PC?

11. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor