What's new

Why the heck is Grinch so mush $$? (1 Viewer)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I just went to dvdpricesurch.com to find the new Jim Carrey Grinch that stold christmas and the cheepist place had it for $28.00. Whats so special?? I was gonna buy it ,but not for almost $30 bucks.
------------------
yahoo.messenger: billsfan71
MY DVD'S
[Edited last by Steven Simon on October 26, 2001 at 10:21 PM]

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I would think the price is related to how much is going to be included, extra's wise. It's not like it's WAY overpriced, only a couple of bucks above the usual release, but it is also a SE, so hopefully, it's the definitive version as promised.
BTW, it's Grinch.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Paul W

Second Unit
Well, I thought perhaps because it as from Paramount. Has Universal always been high with their prices?
------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
If you try www.dvdpricesEArch.com you'll find that there are multiple editions. A special edition version in widescreen will cost you $18. I beleive you are looking at the pan and scan edition that comes in a box with some toys.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

RicP

Screenwriter
Well, I'm not sure how much you're willing to pay for the Grinch, but the cheapest I've seen it offered is $22. Of course that wasn't on DVDPricesearch.com that was on a different e-tailer.
p.s. spellchecker
wink.gif

------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

AaronJB

Second Unit
The "Playset" (more expensive) version is a fold-out book with pop-up versions of three scenes, complete with some interactive moving parts. The DVD in that set is located underneath the background of one of the pop-up scenes.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I found it for $18.89 @ dvdempire.com. Thanks for pointing that out.
------------------
yahoo.messenger: billsfan71
MY DVD'S

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
Of course the really ironic thing to remember is that according to the moral of the original, Christmas doesn't come from a box...
...unless you have a marketing deal with McDonalds, action figures and DVD's to sell...
rolleyes.gif

OK, OK. I'm taking my soapbox with me...

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There is only one Grinch and it aint Jim Caries! This thing would be overpriced at $1.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks