Why so many Lexicon's on sale on audiogon?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sri, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Sri

Sri Agent

I was wondering why all of a sudden there are so many Lexicon DC-1/DC-2/MC-1 preamps on sale? I would like to get one but not sure why others are selling? I'm looking for a decent preamp/pro under $2K. Should I purchase a used Lexicon or is there something else I should go for?Thanks for any input....

2. Shawn Fogg

Shawn Fogg Stunt Coordinator

Lexicon just started two trade in programs for DC-1,DC-2 and MC-1s toward the MC-8/MC-8B or MC-12/MC-12B. The dealers resell the traded in units.

There is always a flurry of activity whenever a trade in program is run. Some from the trade ins and also some looking to sell their units while demand is higher. This time it is probably even higher since Lexicon is allowing any of the above models to be traded in even if it has been traded in before during a previous promotion. Only restriction is the same unit can't be traded in twice for this promotion. In the past a unit would only qualify for trade in if it had never been traded before.

Shawn

3. Sri

Sri Agent

Thanks, Shawn! Is this a good time to buy a dc-1/dc-2 or are there better preamp's for the same price. thanks again

4. Ricky T

Ricky T Supporting Actor

Sri,

You should list the rest of your system and how much you listen to each source.

5. Kevin McCurdy

Kevin McCurdy Stunt Coordinator

Shawn,

About two months ago I asked Lexicon if my MC-1 was eligible for the trade-in program since it was traded in on a MC-12 in the past and their response was no. Has their trade in program changed recently?

6. Shawn Fogg

Shawn Fogg Stunt Coordinator

Kevin,

Yes, Lexicon decided to allow ANY DC-1,DC-2 and MC-1 to be traded in toward the MC-8/B or MC-12/B including previously traded in units on past promotions.

On every other past trade in program a unit could only be traded in if it hadn't been previously traded in before.

For this trade in the only restriction is the same unit can't be traded in more then once on this program.

See this thread for details:

http://forums.smr-forums.com:8080/read?11561,5

If you aren't a member of SMR log in as a guest first to see the thread.

Bottom line though is your MC-1 would be worth $4k in trade toward an MC-12 or MC-12B. The program runs through May 16th.

Shawn