What's new

Why short run tv shows could be a money maker for studios on dvd.... (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I thought someone may have been more interested in actually SEEING the show and not what medium it is available on.
My point is that I CAN see it in that medium. I wish to have some DVD collections of it, for the obvious reasons concerning DVD's superiority to VHS.

But I DO appreciate that you're looking out for me! Thanks,

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
How about Snoops, Cupid, and Players. All about a season or less.
Not sure if it was a short run show but I'd LOVE to have Johnny Quest, the old ones, on DVD!

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
I would pay for each of these series:
1)Space: Above and Beyond
2)Logan's Run
3)Buck Rogers
4)Battlestar Galactica
5)Sliders
6)Good vs. Evil
7)Special Unit 2
Todd

James Alexis

Agent
I would love to see:

Millennium

The Time Tunnel

Roseanne

The Outer Limits

Star Trek Animated Series

The Six Million Dollar Man

The Bionic Woman

all released on disc

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, I thought someone may have been more interested in actually SEEING the show and not what medium it is available on.
Mark,
No insult intended. I also appreciate the info. I just can't pass up the oppurtunity for a good one-liner. Gets me into trouble alot. :D
Besides, you know what us DVD purists are like.
Trace

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I agree, I'd prefer DVD too. Just being available on VHS is a good sign. I wonder how long they've been out and how well they sold.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I would love to see
Airwolf
I think its around 58 episodes so that is an untractive syndication situation. The series is near 18 years in age and has a loyal cult following.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
VR.5 was supposed to be released on DVD awhile ago, but canned for some reason. I'm trying to remember which company was looking at releasing it...

Gord

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Gord, I'd forgotten about that! And Jeff hit the right company name...it WAS Rhino that was gonna do the DVD. I just verifited that at Image Entertainment's site, using their Advanced Search function to search for "Canceled" items. "VR-5" is listed.
I also forget why it was cancelled. But maybe we can bug 'em to fix whatever the problem was and get it out! :D

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I thought of another show I would like to find its way make it to dvd, not sure if it was short lived, though I think it was.
Midnight Caller

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
I couldn't agree more. SportsNight (a short lived fave of mine) is already out there (and in my collection). Now if I could just get Cupid and ED(assuming that series is not picked up for next season) and perhaps Freaks and Geeks...

Kelly V

Stunt Coordinator
Here are some more:
Wolf Lake Lou Diamond Phillips and a town of werewolves. Aired on CBS, I believe.
Greg the Bunny Com'on Fox!:angry:
Dark Shadows The 90's new version, no idea who ran it.
HBOs Fairytale Theater The best tounge-in-cheek kids stories I've ever seen.
Also Ditto to The Others and The Lone Gunmen (Com'on Fox!). I've just decided that I am going to refer to any series that has been buried, jumped around and/or cancelled for no good reason as having been "Foxed". They are so good at tearing down shows with potential (think Futurama, Greg the Bunny, Andy Richter Rules the Universe, and that great SciFi show from last season that is already fading from my memory) Com'on Fox! :angry:
Oh, and here's a question - there was a "Millenium" type show featuring the kid from "Sling Blade". I can't even remember the name of it, but I sure would like to see that one on DVD. I don't think I got to see all of the episodes that aired, and I would love to see what's available.

Kelly V

Stunt Coordinator
Scott- I know I have a listing at work for Saved by the Bell but I can't find my notes. As I recall, it was the Complete First Season.
Shane - The Young Ones - Every Stoopid Episode was released in the 4th quarter 2002, so go forth and buy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks