Why nobody consider the JAMO speakers???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by emanuele, Jun 5, 2001.

1. emanuele

emanuele Auditioning

In the forum there are only 2 post where JAMO are mentionated.Why?? Are not good speakers????
    Many thanks.

2. Filip Lingier

They are worth considering, the E-series is not that bad.
    Filip

3. David Traube

David Traube Auditioning

I'm sure its not because they are bad speakers. With the exception of Bose, no brand of speakers are despised here. You will find that people tend to gravitate towards a few brands because they are generally considered to be good performers at their price level. Paradigm and Def Tech are probably the two best examples of this. Are there better speakers manufacturers than Paradigm and Def Tech? Probably, but they might not have the same bang for the buck. My Acoustic Energy speakers are rather obscure by this forum's standards. They aren't popular, but that doesn't mean they aren't good. I think the availability has a lot to do with it. I haven't heard JAMO but I believe they have a good reputation and may be considered a bit pricey here.
    ------------------
    DMT
    Equipment Pictures: www.zoomnet.net/~dtraube/

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    I heard them many years ago and they were not bad. When my house was being built in 1997, I sent them an E-Mail to get a list of dealers. They made a dining room light fixture and wall (light) fixtures that were speakers to. Before I prewired for in-walls I wanted to look at them. They never replied. I have heard the same story from someone else. Don't know if they have improved that way but it is a turn off when they don't have a list of dealers and won't respond so you can find one.

5. TalalS

TalalS Auditioning

Hi emanuele...
    I've asked my self that question before when I was considering my choices for my home theater speakers I was interested in jamo's D6 THX speakers previously known as the system two I tried to find a review on the internet guess
    what? there wasn't any the even on sound&vision's 2001 buyers guide there is no mention for these speakers
    I don't think the reason for this is that they are bad speakers because I bought the D6 system and for the money I paid nothing can come close ( A 5.1 THX ultra certified speaker system for little over $1700 )how can you beat that? although I had my reservation's on their active sub -if you need more on that I can till you in a separate post.
    any way.. I think that jamo is not being considered for the following reasons :
    1. Jamo does not not know how to market their stuff:
    what kind of a new slogan is "let's get personal"? where is the part that tills you that these speakers are better than the others let alone making you believe in that?
    2. in Europe Jamo is doing much better than in the US and since home theater is an American thing -just check what percentage of members here are no Americans so most members
    discus brands that are available around them rather than the brands that aren't
    3. I don't think that jamo represent a good value at least to the US market -to me it more than did so
    so for these reasons I think that your not seeing jamo getting the credit they deserve.
    Thanks..

6. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

I had never heard of Jamo speakers...unitll I walked into a store called "The Source" wich is realy a Sony store! In the back room they had the Jamo lines of speakers. Prices here did not seem to bad- I did not audtion any at the time. Basicaly... they are hiding the speakers ... so most dont know about them... untill they better thier marketing- probably will stay in the closet!
    ------------------
    So far, So good, So what
    http://members.cardomain.com/bugers
    http://thomas2307.homestead.com/thomasworld.html

7. Dirk E

Dirk E Auditioning

@ TalalS
    Great to hear, that you own the Jamo THX Two, too. I own these speakers since summer 2000 and I am very happy with them. Compared them to a lot of speakers that cost more than twice the money, and the Jamos are indeed very nice speakers, especially for home theater! Here in Germany they are 5000 DM (about 2200 US$) for 5.1, but I got mine for 4.300 DM incl. two backsurround dipoles. I don`t think that I will upgrade my speakers soon. ;-)
    Best regards Dirk
    [Edited last by Dirk E on August 25, 2001 at 10:40 AM]

8. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

I have a pair of fairly old Jamos. They make good speakers, but I think their lineup is horribly confusing.
    Most speaker manufacturers have clearly distinguished lines of speakers; affordable, more exclusive, top of the line... etc. I'm sure Jamo does too, but it's a pain in the posterior to try to figure them out.
    ------------------
    /Kimmo