Why no West Coast HD HBO/Showtime Feeds?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PerryD, Sep 27, 2001.

1. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

I'm not particulary keen on sitting down and watching an 'R' rated movie at 7 or 8pm in the evening while the young kids are running around. I would love it if Dish would add West coast feeds to both HBO & Showtime.
    With Dish, I don't believe bandwidth is an issue, especially on the 61.5 satellite. If HBO & Showtime provide both the East & West coast HD feeds, why not just show it? If they want, they can charge me some token amount to help cover it (maybe $5 for both in addition to the regular feeds).
    Or they could add HD recording to their new 80 Gb hard drive receivers.

2. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    Isn't the west-coast feed on 148?
    - Steve

3. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

My understanding is that there is no-one sending out the West coast feeds of HD-HBO and Showtime. DirecTV may have early on, but switched to the East coast feed after a few months.
    As far as the 148 satellite, I believe the only unique feed on it is the West coast CBS feed, the HBO & Showtime feeds are still East coast on 148. I would consider adding another satellite for 148 if they had all west coast feeds with unique channels (my understanding is that 148 mirrors 61.5 right now, so the guide doesn't show both channels).

4. Abdul Jalib

Abdul Jalib Stunt Coordinator