What's new

Why no more Barney Miller? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

Ok Bringing this Back up. Maybe when Shout Factory is done with All in teh Family they can revisit this series for season 4-8.. Here's hoping.

I'm in for this one, hope they can pick this up at Shout.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
RIP Actor Steve Landesberg, who passed away this week at age 65 from cancer.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I would love to have S4-S8 on dvd. I also like Jack Soo's character as well.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I still have whatever CH released on tape aout 10 years ago, pretty sure the stopped before the entire run was finished.

Sad about Steve Landesberg, his Dietrich is my second favorite character after Kramer.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I'll go even Further, shout could mine gold with all the unfinished Series Sony has ongoing... c'mon shout put Sony on Speed Dial !

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Well I'll go even Further, shout could mine gold with all the unfinished Series Sony has ongoing... c'mon shout put Sony on Speed Dial !

It looks like they heard you,

Just announced today on TSOD- Shout! Factory has acquired the rights to the series and will be putting out a Complete Series set on October 25, 2011

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Barney-Miller-The-Complete-Series/15636

I would like to know why this series is getting a complete series release yet others like Kojak, The Facts of Life and Simon & Simon are only getting season releases?? Am I to believe that this show has more fans then those other ones- why then did it take Sony 5 years to put out three seasons?! This looks like another Shout! head scratcher to me, what is the rationale for a series getting a CS release vs a season set release?!

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:

It looks like they heard you,

Just announced today on TSOD- Shout! Factory has acquired the rights to the series and will be putting out a Complete Series set on October 25, 2011

Beats me...but I'll personally take this one over the others that you mentioned. As far as Sony goes, it is hard to tell sometimes what any of the studios are doing regarding their release schedules. I just hope they follow a simple case design like "Leave it To Beaver" with a box cover over standard DVD cases and not something that doesn't protect the disks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks