What's new

Why No Mission Impossible: SE? (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I was just watching the old disc, and I don't get why Paramount doesn't go back and re-do this one. I was disappointed to learn from the Studio Day 2001 on DVDFILE that no special edition is forthcoming.
I don't get it, it's a title that everybody always asks them for, why doesn't Paramount put it on the list? I'm sure they've got lots of great stuff to release, but when this one of the SE's asked for all the time (though I'm sure there are many others as well) it seems that it would eventually get put in the pipeline.
Why not put one out?

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
David, I believe there was actually talk about doing an S.E. release for a while, but for whatever reason it was dropped. I'd suspect that its either a rights issue (as with the Limp Biscuit 'music' on the Mission: Impossible II trailer), or getting the talent together to do the extras (Cruise is busy on Minority Report and has been busy generally for a while now, for example).

Matthew H

Second Unit
No, it was said Paramount mentioned nothing about a M:I-1 SE. I was waiting for this and Face/Off, but sadly enough, nothing.
frown.gif

------------------
Matt
Mobu? Sounds like some sort of damn car polish.
My DVD Collection

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Hi
This Sounds like the thread to push for a SE of "Mission Impossible" Got My Vote! Also Paramount Please get with the Times and Support DTS like most of the other Major Studios! This film cries for a DTS track! Martin Blythe Could you please pass the Word on?
------------------
Ed Vandeweerd
[email protected]
my collection

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I too am waiting for a Mission Impossible: SE. I would buy it in a second. So Paramount please release a special edition. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks