1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Why no Letterman (The Late Show) in HD?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Grady Hollums, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

I was just watching The Late Show with David Letterman and they were doing a "Lunar eclipse" re-enactment with some guy sliding a cue card past the lense of one of the cameras and I noticed the camera had "HD" in big letters on it's side. I am assuming that they are filming The Late Show in HD, but why is it not broadcast in HD? or is it and I just need to have a talk with my local station?

Thanks!

2. Mike Slade

Mike Slade Second Unit

There are a couple of threads over at AVS that mention the late show's HD plans. From what the people over there are saying, it will be next year before Dave goes HD. I think they are shooting for March.

3. Grady Hollums

Grady Hollums Second Unit

Hey that is great news!

Does anyone know of any of the morning shows doing HD?
    (i.e. The Morning Show, The Today Show, Good Morning America) I see that as the next big step in HD programing. Just because so many people watch them.

4. Scott L

Scott L Producer

They don't record the show in HD. Conan has the same getup.. HD cams, but when I see the show in person I notice the 16:9 window on the viewfinders of the cams are in 4:3 mode.

In AVS someone mentioned they are awaiting this piece of hardware to become available:

http://www.avid.com/products/dna/nitris/index.asp