Why no deals on PS2?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Robert Burkes, Apr 17, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Nintendo and Microsoft have both been issuing great deals on their systems (included games, and I remember seeing something at EB about the X-Box being $150 with 3 games, but I don't know if it's EB's doing or Microsoft's), while Sony seems set at the $200 price mark with no games included. Why aren't we seeing any deals on the PS2? Just wondering what you all thought. Later!

Rob

2. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

I'd imagine it's because the PS2 is selling so well without such an incentive.

3. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

You took the words right out of my mouth Adam. Why should Sony add something to sell more units, if people are buying more of their product?

They'll probably drop their price in the next few months, but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

Glen

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Adam's right on the mark - the PS2 as it is sells consistently more than the other two platforms that retailers really don't need to bundle it to make it sell. You'll sometimes see them clear unsold stock of games with PS2 bundles, but that's not an everyday deal.

5. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

The trend for Sony in Japan right now is to keep the price the same, but toss in some extra hardware (network adapter, hard drive, etc).

6. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I don't know. I won't get it unless the price comes down to the PS1 level. There are some games I'd like to try, but I have too many other systems clogging up space to try another one right now unless it's at the right price.

Either that, or I could spend some money trying to win one on the wheels at the Jersey Shore boardwalk and hope I get lucky [​IMG].

7. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit