What's new

why my sub is doing that? (1 Viewer)

Aris A

Stunt Coordinator
During the first scenes of the movie Lord of Rings (the two towers)it has terrific loud sounds and my sub would give out vibrating("farting")sounds on some scenes. Does it have to do with calibration since i haven't used any calibrating disc(avia) on my system or the wood floor its on, the sub is bouncing a bit? Would isolation pads do the trick?

I do have a JBL (2)8" down firing sub, 200 watt built-in amp. connected to an HK(85 watts/ch)receiver. Do I need to upgrade to a bigger driver? need some comments. thnx.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Did you actually LOOK to see if it's jumping?

It's probably running to hot, as in too loud relative to the other speakers. It's also trying to reproduce sounds below it's range - A bigger, stronger sub is the only way to get around that if you like it loud.

Good Luck!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Not calibration, as colin said, it is most likely trying to reproduce frequencies lower than it is capable of. If you turn it down, and it does not do it, then it was probably just being pushed too hard and maybe calibration would help, but I think you will still have the problem.

Aris A

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys...probably i need a bigger sub. I guess this sub is up for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks