What's new

Why must GC fans suffer? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I really hope that this stops for the WII, but so far, I'm not holding my breath...

I see Nintendo getting all the kiddy games....Barbie and Strawberry Shortcake for petes sake?

While the PSP would get all the cool ones. Star Wars Battlefront. Futurama, Fast and Furios...

Anyone think this trend will stop when the Wii hits?

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I hear where you are coming form, Neil, but I have to admit that my eyes light up when I see my five grandkids playing all the games that they think are "cool" on their DSes.

Besides, I would stack the NEW Super Mario Brothers up with anything that I have on my PSP. And several other titles (Castlevania, etc. etc.) are quite good. In fact, even though I have both DS and PSP and a lot of the PSP games look "cool" my own opinion is that most of the DS titles are simply more fun and, in many cases more ingenious.

Based on the early spin and the reports out of E3 it looks like the innovative motion sensitive control of the Wii (as well as the price of the unit) will insure its success. I know I'll buy one (as well as a PS3) to add to my XBOX 360. Only one word need be said about Bill Gates' box:

Oblivion.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Case closed. Your mileage may vary.

;)

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I think the Wii will see more than the others' (360 + PS3) share of kiddie games but I think (hope?) that this will be balanced by developers wanting to do something different and try something new. In my mind, the big question is whether these different games will be exciting and fun or gimmicky and one-note. Nintendo itself will bring it, though, and I can't say I'm not excited bywhat the Wii could bring.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
There have been a lot of rumors over the last few weeks suggesting that 3rd party developers are quietly moving planned PS3 games over to the Wii. The general consensus seems to be that many of the developers think the PS3's pricing will hinder it's success and many feel that Sony will be in 3rd place when the next generation is all said and done.

It looks like the next generation will be owned be the "Wii60" combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks