What's new

Why multiplexes SHOULD still have projectionists. (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Two issues with tonight's screening of the Kingsman sequel at the Bowtie multiplex in Schenectady:
  1. The middle front channel kept cutting out during the trailers, so that while we could hear all of the music and surrounds, we couldn't hear any of the dialogue. I reported it and they had that issue fixed before the movie itself started.
  2. Apparently somebody rented out the auditorium next door for some sort of training seminar, and the sound bled through the walls. So every couple minutes, you'd hear the muffled sound of a professional female narrator reading off the next set of instructions. Very irritating.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam: Was the auditorium part of the Bowtie complex? Or in another building?

Either way, I think I'd have asked for a refund.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Adam: Was the auditorium part of the Bowtie complex? Or in another building?
I'm not sure. It almost sounded like it was coming from behind the screen, rather than either neighboring auditorium. But it was muffled and definitely a different audio track than the the audio track for the movie.

It'll probably discourage me from going back there in the future.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The only time I was ever there was for Interstellar, there is no way you can hear anything over that movie.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I went to a midnight screening of "The Shining" the other night at a BowTie. Apparently they saw fit to reimagine it as a 2.35 production (I guess they really didn't like those helicopter blades visible at the top of the frame in that initial aerial shot of the Overlook).

Saw Blade Runner there the next day and I thought the image was way dark. Dark enough where a couple of times I had to remove my 3D glasses to read then location cards. I've never had to do that before. Not sure if it was by design or the theater was just chintzing out on brightness level.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks