Why is Warner Brothers Canada So Bad?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jeremy Brupaste, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Jeremy Brupaste

Jeremy Brupaste Stunt Coordinator

For catalogue titles, they've missed more street dates than they've made in the past year or so. There's got to be some correlation between this and the fact they've gone over to the dark side in making bilingual DVD covers. Maybe they miss dates because it takes more time to ugly up the covers this way? Regardless, they were once my favourite purveyors of quality DVDs but my opinion of their Canadian branch has gone completely into the toilet for a while now. Thoughts? Boos? Hisses?

2. Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins Supporting Actor

I got Blade Runner on time, yes the cover grates but I can live with it

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I agree and also don't understand it.

I'm actually amazed when I go to the store on a Tuesday morning and find a new catalogue title on shelf! I've been constantly let down by the lack of efficiency and quality of their output in the past year. Not to mention their distribution agreements which forbid the sale of certain films altogether. They, along with FOX Canada, are at the absolute bottom of the list when it comes to reliable studios over here. I've resorted almost entirely to purchasing online. The only frustrating part is that they are also the number one studio that releases box sets and film collections I most look forward to. And since I hate buying box sets online without seeing them first and assuring that they're in decent condition, it's a double edged sword...

I've been really frustrated and dissapointed by WB Canada of recent. I used to wait outside my local retailer before they opened up on release day for new WB sets. Now, IF I decide to pick them up, and IF all the selected films are all included, and IF the covers aren't littered with alternate titles and French language text... I'm lucky to find them in stores at all 3 weeks after their scheduled dates.

--> Unhappy customer.

4. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    For some reason they also seem to forget to include the booklets in their TV season sets on a regular basis. A new post about it kept popping up on tvshowsondvd.com every other week for a while.

5. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

Count your blessings. At least their animated TV show DVDs are still coming out in Canada unscathed by the packaging nonsense. Unfortunately (as you pointed out), they haven't escaped that delayed release date problem. Since TV shows on DVD are the only Warner titles I'm interested in right now, I'm not too mad at them. However, if they start messing with language on the package for a later Animaniacs release or Tiny Toons (if they ever release it on DVD), I will be super pissed. I've already stopped buying DVDs by other companies with bilingual packaging in Canada and accepted the fact that I have to order most new DVDs that I'm interested in from the U.S.