Why is this forum in "Other Distractions"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Terry Wysocki, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Terry Wysocki

Terry Wysocki Stunt Coordinator

Why is the "Computers and HTPC Area" forum grouped in the "Other Distractions" section? It would make more sense to put it in the "Home Theater Hardware" section. Maybe even break it out into two computer forums: A new one for specifically HTPC related topics and the other (current one) for more general computer items.

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Terry:

Well HTPC and Computers are not just Home Theater Hardware and we put it in its own area. We used to divide HTPC away from Computers but when we redid the forum layout we grouped them together as they are now.

I appreciate the suggestions but we are going to be keeping them the way they are for the near future.

Parker

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Terry,

Being a HTPC fan myself, I discussed this with Parker when thr forum reorganization was taking place. For the time being, the HTPC craze hasn't really hit the HTF- so that discussion area tends to be 10% HTPC, 90% general computer issues...

So, for the time being- I think it's correctly placed where it is. If HTPC makes a jump in popularity on this forum- this situation will certainly be re-evaluated.

-Vince