What's new

Why is the Spaceballs DVD considered a Special Edition? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
There's not much on it. A commentary, and some behind the scenes footage, and maybe a few other things. I don't own it so I don't know all that's on it. I was looking at it yesterday, and the stuff on it could hardly be considered enough to make the disc a Special Edition. The 2 older discs of the Usual Suspects(one of which I have) have just as much stuff if not more, including a commentary, but isn't labelled as a Special Edition. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Writing "special edition" on something helps it sell more copies. Its nothing but marketing, pure and simple.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Ok. Since there is a Special Edition coming, then they'd have to change the current one to a regular edition. It really isn't a Special Edition in the first place, that's why I asked why they called it that.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Maybe the new one will be called the "Ultra Deluxe Extra Super Duper Edition". :D
In any case, I agree. I have Spaceballs because I like the movie but fully intend on purchasing the "real" SE. Tho whole naming convention for this movie is kinda silly, IMHO.

Ryan Jameson

Stunt Coordinator
What, didn't you find the Easter Egg?
There's a hidden Princess Vespa Naked picture gallery, which >>I

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
With two different shwartz editions, we may have to worry about size... your shwartz is bigger than mine....

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Where is Spaceballs considered a special edition, except maybe on the Image site (which lists anything with a commentary track as a special edition)?

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
i've looked over my spaceballs cover with a magnifying glass and no where could i find "special edition."

StephenA

Screenwriter
I guess I misread it. I could have sworn the one I saw at Wal-Mart said it it on the cover. Maybe it was the plastic wrapped around it. I admit when I'm wrong.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I guess I misread it. I could have sworn the one I saw at Wal-Mart said it it on the cover. Maybe it was the plastic wrapped around it. I admit when I'm wrong.
You don't need to, for I think you had it partially correct. I picked up a copy of this for a friend a couple of months back, and I also recall a sticker on the front cover's shrinkwrap. It may not have specifically said "special edition", but it did tout special features at the very least...

StephenA

Screenwriter
Ok, thanks Colin J, I yhought I was going crazy. Maybe it didn't say special edition, but since I looked at it quickly I misread it as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks