Why is the sound on my avi files out of sync? how can I fix it?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Rolando, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Don't know if it is a coincidense but I have downloaded about 4 avi files in the last 4 weeks and all 4 are out of sync.

I unfortunately do not have any others to "test" if it is a system problem and just got bad files.

Can I fix this? could it be media player?

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

It could be just badly synced AVI files - you didn't mention where you got the AVI files from. [​IMG]

I suggest playing AVI files from reputable websites. For example, maybe from Microsoft's Media Player website or from the official DiVX site - with the assumption that they are properly made.

If that doesn't help, it could be a player or soundcard problem. You might want to try a 3rd party media player like Zoomplayer to see if that helps...

3. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

well up to 5 avi and same problem. tried zoom player and still same problem. video is also "pausing" and stuff. could it be that new avi are too much for my old processor? I still have a P3 500 Mhz and 128 Mb of Ram. Never had a problem before...

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

You may also need to install newer codecs, depending on what was used to encode the files since there isn't a standard "AVI" codec, but many different ones.

5. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

I never thought of codec. I figured if I did not have the right one it just would not play at all not stutter and make the sound out of sync.

will try that.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think the more popular codecs are the nemo bundle, and the xvid codecs.