What's new

Why is the Sony 32 inch XBR LCD Tv so grossly overpriced? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I saw this tv at Circuit City. I liked the design pretty much when seeing it in the store. I thought i would make a nice set for a smaller room.

What I cant understand is why is it so grossly overpriced at $5000+? I thought this was some kind of pricing error. But, it wasnt. I was absolutely shocked.

This to me is absolutely insane for a 32 inch set.

I mean this is 32 inches, not 60.

Do people actually pay this?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
There are several issues here. Two are really big ones, and then there are several more 'lesser' but still important ones.

1. Sony. (Sony, in case you haven't noticed, is a four letter word.) I'm not saying that Sony is bad, in fact many of their product lines are really quite excellent (their PVM and BDM studio CRTs are fabulous.) But Sony tends to be expensive.

2. Circuit City. Well, I've never been impressed by Circuit City, and I haven't been to one since they tried to push DIVX players on the world. But before that, they never seemed out to save a consumer a buck.

3. Large LCDs are still something of a rarity. That's changing drastically on a daily basis, but the Sharp Aquos 45" screen sells on the net for, what, about $5000 now? Anyway, a quick glance, without evaluating any of the vendors, suggests that it's available for $3400 or so.

Leo Kerr

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks